Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Too hot.... brain not work...

Wolfie and me are alike in many ways. We have similar interests in music, television, and reading, when it comes to books anyway. I however, am the newshound of the family. But there is one area where we are decidedly different. I come from Nordic stock, we Finlanders (people of Finnish descent for those of you who may not know) are from the north land. Wolfie's people however are Mediterranean, she likes the heat, seems to thrive on it, whereas I melt like an ice cube on a hot griddle. The hotter it gets, the dumber I get. The recent heat wave is good example of the differences in our genetic makeup. When the temperature reached the 90's my effectiveness as a human being quickly approached the null zone. And although neither of us achieved much in the way of work, she seemed to thrive on it. She spent the day in the hottest part of the house upstairs, where the heat intensified to Sauna(pronounced s ow na if you are of Finnish descent.) like levels of searing heat. Whenever I ascended into the steam bath we call the upstairs it was like a descent into hell. Can't breath, gulping air, dripping sweat. I would not have gone up there at all if it weren't for the Angel who was residing there. No I spent the day hiding in our air conditioned living room. Blankets blocking the doorways to upstairs and the kitchen to keep the cool in. Like some sort of cro-magnon video game freak I spent most of the day out of the light in vampiric fashion. Trying not to melt into a puddle of pink goo and watching as Wolfie would pass through my only slightly air conditioned domain on her way to the kitchen. She was thriving on the heat, I think she would cheerfully glide through hell itself with a smile on her face that would melt the devils heart. Where I long for snow... and stinging cold air, and wish that I could think, but my brain is not built for this heat. So if this heat wave lasts a while you know where I will be, sitting in my living room waiting for the cool dark to come. I don't want to suck your blood, but I might steal your ice. Ciao for now.

2 comments:

  1. Who is Wolfie?? Is that the same as Angel?? Are you Mormon??

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you re-read this whoever you are, Wolfie and Angel are pet names for my wife Lisa. So you were right about that, I'm not sure where you got the idea about the Mormon thing. (But no, not a Mormon.)

    ReplyDelete