Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Getting older...

Well, today is my (Kenton's)birthday, I am fifty two, no fifty three years old. Or as of this writing, 464,586 hours old. That's 636 months, or 19,358 days. Which seems a real short time to have been on this earth. According to statistics I have spent about 17 of those years sleeping, so I have only been physically conscious and using my body for about thirty six years. I started thinking of strange little things like, how much time have I spent on the toilet. Or how much time have I spent eating, or having sex, (way too little of that by the way) Going the other way, how much time have I spent in meaningful pursuits, learning, or teaching, caring for others. How much time have I spent being selfish or self centered (sadly more than I care to admit.) If I have showered 3 times a week at 10 minutes a shower I have spent 167 hours in the shower.
Waaaayyy too much time watching television, (I really don't even want to calculate that one.) Many Many Many hours in front of a computer, (right now for example). One thing I am sure of, I enjoy this life, and wish to continue enjoying it as long as nature and time and tide allow. So though I am getting older, that fact that I am HERE to get older is definitely a good thing. So if you see me today taking my creaking old body down the street, with it's sagging flesh and graying hair, it's bad eyes and hairy ears, wish me a happy birthday, because that's what I'm having, I assure you. Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment