Search This Blog

Friday, April 9, 2010

And the weather changes...

Yesterday here in the U.P. was cold with blowing snow, the day before was somewhat sunny and a high in the mid fifties. Now today will be sunny and a high near fifty. As they say about the weather up here, if you don't like it, wait five minutes it will change. Days like yesterday can really put a damper on our ability to get anything done. Needed to do laundry, get some dishes done, take care of some grocery shopping. (Got the shopping done, that's about it.) So how did we spend our day? Television. The shame is great. Watched our collection of the wonderful Firefly series. Then watched Dr Horrible's sing along blog. Then a recent fantasy movie the name of which escapes us at the moment. After some difficulty getting me out of the new recliner Lisa came up with a plan to allow me to avoid the chores I should have been doing, it works like this, if I can come up with three good excuses for not getting out of my chair I can avoid the chore. Ok, gotta admit I felt pretty lazy yesterday, too lazy to come up with good excuses. "It's a new chair and I gotta break it in." didn't work. How about "I'm not fat enough yet and I'm trying to attain critical mass." and finally went metaphysical. "The natural order is for things to entropy (fall into chaos) so who am I to try to fight nature." Ok, had to do some laundry yesterday, but managed to put the dishes off until today. Damn... Oh well, guess I should get to them. Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment