Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Is someone sneaking in and playing songs...

Woke up a little late this morning, Sunday, lazy day around here, the only chores are bath for the boy and dishes. But there is something a little different today. I woke up with a song stuck in my head, don't know why it happens, it's a song I haven't heard in months, and not a particular favorite, Maxwell's Silver Hammer by the Beatles.
I keep running it over and over.. "Bang, Bang, Maxwells Silver Hammer came down upon her head, Bang Bang Maxwells Silver hammer came down and she was dead." That verse and the "Jane was quizzical studied pataphysical science in the home, late nights all alone with the test tube Oh, oh, oh, oh." Is it an attack on my Brain, coordinated by the Bladder Fairy, The Hunger Gnome and their friend The Temporary Madness Imp? Why is it this song, why couldn't it have been Pachelbel's Canon in D minor or even Walk like an egyptian by the Bangles, (Ok I guess I should be thankful it's not the Spongebob Squarepants theme song or the Macarena which would have me humming "Hmnn Hmmnn Hmnn Hmmnn Hmnn Hmnn Macarena" because I don't speak spanish.) did the tune lie dormant in my head and suddenly spring to life due to a misfired synapse or an erratic brain chemical. I will research this and see if anybody knows. Thats about it, ciao for now.

1 comment:

  1. "Who lives in a pineapple under the sea! SpongeBob Squarepants"

    ReplyDelete